There's so many things that happened this year. Here's the dark side of my 2013. I...
- made the wrong expectations.
- made a mistake and lived with its consequences.
- saw a loved one breaking down and I stood there angry at myself for not being able to help.
- loathe and fear the workload from my new school. Every brick of it and everything in it.
- worked so hard and got only more work in return.
- made no friends, boo hoo.
- didn't fit in in class. Still don't.
- moped and complained too much.
- cried at least once a week for the past 5 months.
- made so few paintings. 7 to be specific. In the whole of 2013.
- lost my great-grandmother.
- am always getting lost in my dreams.
- deleting my Facebook profile because I got fed-up by some things.
Besides all that there were still things in 2013 that I can never take for granted:
- living in a pretty apartment
- enduring the massive workload and still surviving
- Micha's help and support through our darkest times together
- having some time to rest and recuperate
- having painted at all. And 7 paintings in the whole year. Better than none.
- starting a paintings inventory to keep track of my paintings and their information
- managing to keep my blog alive for another year, heh
- keeping in touch with some good friends (you know who you are)
- spending some time with Micha's family
- the artists who have inspired me with their music and art
2014 is going to be filled with a whole load of work and my one and only prayer and wish is to survive its merciless wrath. No I am not exaggerating. I don't know how I'll survive (especially psychologically) but in the name of my sanity - and in the name of the mighty Namaqua Rain Frog - I will.
Happy thoughts, Ira.