09 September 2013

Think happy thoughts

Reading Fachliteratur (subject literature) in early childhood education.
It's just before 8pm and tonight I'm in self-reflection mode.

Gosh... I wish I was as motivated to do my job as a student as I used to be a year ago when I just started my training.


Becoming aware of the problem:

I have to admit that somewhere along the way I developed this negative attitude towards my busy schedule. I seem to hold a grudge about this reality - I wanted more time to recharge, I wanted more time to paint, I wanted more time to catch up with my list of things to do. But holding a grudge on something you have to depend on at the moment isn't the best way to go about it.

I even find myself making the assumption that I'm not good enough for the job, which are all thoughts whose accuracy is way out of line. The funny thing is... I don't know why my thinking pattern is like that. It's a very bad habit of mine. A kind of anxiety that I've been living with ever since I could remember.

But don't we all have negative thinking patterns? What does yours look like?

In the past couple of weeks I've only been concerned about losing my motivation altogether. And that means one thing: giving up. That's absolutely out of the question though, don't you think? I decided on this knowing that it won't be easy, so I was ready to face the challenges, find a way and get it over with. Good and bad times are just part of it.


Think happy thoughts:

(source)
Good things are too easy to forget but once you remember them, they're really worth every bit of thought you put into it. When was the last time you thought happy stuff? If it was today then you're pretty much good to go.
I don't remember the last time I did that.
I guess right now, what I really want is to just have fun at whatever I'm doing - have fun doing my job as a student. Come what may. It's not about being good enough. It's about having fun and good things are bound to happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment