11 August 2013

"Serpent's Trance" - Gnome and guardian Snake - original fantasy whimsical art painting



"Serpent's Trance"
30x 40cm (12"x16")
Acrylic on gallery-wrapped canvas
© 2013 Ira Roslan

Here's my latest work which I created over a time span of two days including breaks in between! :).
I've decided to try something new this time around, made a couple of mistakes (desperately trying to cover them) but I gladly also learned a lot.

All the sides are painted on which means that the painting is ready to hang.
I'd still have to wait a couple of days before varnishing it.

Continue reading to see some close-up shots of the painting.





Detail views

So here's the part where - if I had my own artists critique group - I'd ask for some serious criticism... :D
















Let me know what you think in the comments below!



Visit my store on Storenvy

4 comments:

  1. I love this - and in 2 days! You have a new admirer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) I appreciate that. Thanks for dropping by. Yeah I'm excited about making a couple more.

      Delete
  2. The snake is gonna kill me, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete