28 December 2012

What it was like without 'real' internet

How I feel the moment I have 24/7 internet access again.
(via)
A technician came over today to set up the internet connection in my apartment.
It's been more than two years since I've lived without good internet access. But now it's in my hands again.
What a sigh of relief.
Now that I know what it's like to go weeks and sometimes months in a row without it, I don't think I can or want to live without internet again :-/

Without it I'd save money, but without it I won't make any either. So it was pretty much a decision to make.

I've had to get used to the fact that I couldn't just turn on my computer, open the browser and start surfing. It didn't work that way anymore.

And I couldn't just update my blog whenever I wanted to, or look for recipes, or find solutions to a certain problem, or do research for school or german.

Well I am thankful for the library still, but it always take awhile just to find out if whatever you're looking for is even there.

Now I look forward to exploring online again, being inspired by artworks, pictures and sounds, and letting the wrong side of the internet mindfuck me.

No comments:

Post a Comment