26 August 2012

It's never too late to start life all over again

View from an ancient palace, Burg Plesse
The rest of the summer holidays last for just one more week. One week until my first day at vocational school. It will be the start of a 2-year journey to college and another 2-year journey to the ultimate graduation.

It's a long road and it's making me feel excited, nervous, and maybe a little afraid. I have never had a real graduation after my messed-up past in religious school. But it is my goal. The next thing on my List of Things To Do Before I Die.

There is no way to describe how badly I want to graduate college. I feel good just thinking about it.



It's so good to be able to 'create' this future in my mind. To already 'see' myself doing all the things I want to do and then really doing it in real life.

My late father was right when he once told me many years ago:
It's never too late to start again.
And I believe that. I don't care how long this journey takes. I don't care if I will be almost 30 when all of this is over. If I'm going to be ashamed or embarassed about it then I won't get any further.
So I really don't care.

Most people I meet for the first time these days, they think that I tend to be over ambitious, or that I put too much effort into my work. But they don't know that I am taking certain things seriously and that I will stick to it until mission's accomplished.

Though I admit that I am too focused sometimes. So time and time again I remind myself to stop and smell the air and breathe. To still keep my feet on the ground.

I am aware that this is not going to be easy.
But life has never been this good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment