08 March 2012

Limbo


I don't know how I came across this game... but I came across it the second time on YouTube and figured, hey, wow.... a simple game, a quiet game, and the best thing.. it's purely in black and white.

This reminds me so much of the dreams I have at night.

I haven't gotten my hands on this game yet, but it's on my wishlist.
It's fascinates me already.

You play as a little child... or person in Limbo... a kind of underworld. Maybe a kind of hell.
And you practically just figure out how you get yourself through this.

What I'm curious about is what kind of an ending this leads to.

It's so quiet. Dark. Disturbing in any case. Yet so simple that it's beautiful.
No crazy sound effects, no loud music in the background, nothing screaming in your face, no stress trying to solve obstacles, and this loneliness of the character that's being portrayed in the game... it's so sad.

At one point you're completely in your own solitude. At another point you have to save your life. And other times, you get killed. Brutally.

Aww I want to play this! Haha.

A death montage:


An artwork by itself.
I can't wait.

1 comment: