17 October 2011

Evanescence's self-titled album (2011)


Evanescence's latest self-titled album has been released and I can finally say that the wait's over.

Geez.
Was that a long one.
Five fat years.

So I've heard the previews on Amazon.com and what I can say is that they sound incredibily happy. God. It's the total opposite of Fallen, and the Open Door. It's like rock for enlightenment. They've manifested an entirely new sound to themselves. It's kinda making me nervous. But anyway, Amy shows hardly any mercy to her voice this time around, but it's strong and alive.

I'm already very curious about a couple of songs that I've heard, but I don't think I'm so convinced just yet about getting the album.

I don't know.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I caught part of the video for their first single the other day, can't remember the title. Sounds good. And if you say they sound happy, then I'd say it's a good thing. It would be nice to move away from doing the same thing over and over.

    ReplyDelete