15 April 2011

Recreating home

My pathetic attempt at making Chicken Rice (Nasi Ayam).


It's so sad. I practically destroyed this dish. But at least the taste came as close to the real thing as possible. I tried to recreate this out of my own memory - trying to rip it out of my head exactly the way my mum does it. I failed so I cheated... hehe.

Usually you'd have to prepare the chicken and the chili sauce yourself but I just bought them premade. Because I just wanted a taste of home without having to stress out.

After this I consulted my mum, who's so lovely and nice enough to type out not just her Chicken Rice recipe, but also 3 of my other favourites. I printed this out and am guarding it with my life as we speak, because this must never be lost.

The deliciousness of homecooked, mama's food... mmm... I have to learn how to make some on my own. That's the only way I'll stop fidgeting in the middle of the day all because I crave mum's cooking a little too much - something I definitely took for granted when I'm home.

Hah!
One more week of school to go before the Easter holidays. I get 2 weeks off from school and in the first week I'll have more than enough time to try out these recipes.

5 comments:

  1. I leave home for maximum 9 days, and on the 3-5th day I already miss her cooking. I don't know how you feel. Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Wish I could try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shida: Haha. Damn right. Did she tell you that I passed making Satay? Woohoo!

    @Aaron: Could've tasted better. But it was at least 'okay' haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No she didn't! You mean you did the meat from scratch? (I know the sauce is pre-made) Post about the satay next please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh!!! Yessssssaaa.. of course, from scratch. Only the satay sauce I bought pre-made.

    ReplyDelete