06 November 2010

Yearly disposable color contact lenses review: Solotica Hidrocharme Mel on dark brown asian eyes

Product: Solotica Hidrocharme Mel
Description: Annual or yearly disposable color contact lenses
Where I bought it: www.wrlens.com
Bought in: September 2010
Cost (USD): $75.00 + $36.16 (shipping to Germany) = $111.16

Example of the casing that came with it.
(source)


How long have I been using Solotica lenses?
I've been using these lenses every year since 2009 and am very happy with them :)


What does the color Mel look like on my eye?
On my eye it looks greenish. And I have natural dark brown eyes, almost black.



Pros:
  • it fits perfectly
  • it feels comfortable and I barely notice that I'm wearing any contacts
  • I can wear my contacts for up to 10 hours max with no discomfort (varies on people)
  • There is a noticable change in my eye color, although not too much because the Hidrocharme series is more translucent than the Hidrocor series.
  • The service by wrlens.com is good and I haven't had any problems so far
  • I've received tons of compliments on my new eye color



Cons:
  • The contact lenses and shipping are expensive (prices may have increased at the site now too)
  • Shipping takes sooo long. I have waited 2 months for them to arrive in Germany. So I always order well in advance before my old lenses expire.
  • The Hidrocharme Mel lenses are less suitable for darker eyes like mine since you might not notice any color change at all. But if you want a more natural look, then they're perfect!




Some pictures in natural daylight:





Lense cleaning:

Since these lenses will be around for one year, I make sure that I keep a good habit at keeping them clean.
Here are the two different solutions that I use.


My daily lense-cleaning routine:
I use OPTI-FREE (any version) to clean my lense daily with.
I always rub my lenses even if tha package may say that I don't need to.
And I buy the twin packs which lasts me about 5-6 months.
(source)




And my weekly lenses deep-cleaning routine:
I use AOSEPT Plus to deep-clean my lenses once a week (every Friday).
I place them in the capsule for at least 6 hours and for a maximum of 5 days.
And then I use OPTI-FREE to rinse them off before using them again.
(source)


Conclusion:

Solotica lenses are specially made for people with naturally dark eyes so if you'd like to invest in a good pair of long-term soft color contact lenses than I would highly recommend Solotica Lenses. They come with and without eye power. Other than Hidrcharme Mel, I've also used Hidrocor Ice (which made my eyes silver blue) and for 2013 I used Hidrocor Mel, which gave me a more intense green.

I hope this helped! :)

11 comments:

  1. you look so white, you could pass off as a member of the Cullens :P

    But seriously, you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaaaaaarrrrr
    no junk food for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. you won't get junk food because i lost your address, buwhahaha.
    i kid
    nothing for you just because

    ReplyDelete
  4. @yelly: You said that the last time ;P. Anyway, I'll survive on some german ones. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, you said you're fine. your word, not mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. prettyyyyyyyyyyy~
    i want your hairrrrr grahhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tom: Someday you will save me with junk food :P

    @Aysh: Omg, you want my hair? It's so... virgin. Haha. And it doesn't behave all the time. Naughty. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yess it's sooo longg andddddd.... thick and curlyyyy @_@

    ReplyDelete