12 June 2010

Love the way you lie




Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
That's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
That's alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie
- "Love the way you lie" Eminem (featuring Rihanna)

Came across this song by accident, loved the chorus, and went to check out the lyrics.
And it's really disturbing. Despite it being rap - and I have nothing (big) against that - there's reality in those words.
Eminem doesn't go on about money, women, sex, bling-bling, clubs, parties, drugs, and all that shit. And I guess that's what sets him apart. There is a dark side to him. He sends across messages that's real in life. That we all have been through at some point or the other.

And it's almost always a song about a fucked up relationship.
The girl wants to leave, the guy explains himself trying to make it clear that he's not at fault, but he's obviously pissed that she's being a drama queen, so he makes his half-hearted apology sound downright sincere, and then tells himself that if she tries to leave him again he's gonna tie her down to the bed and set the house on fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment