28 May 2010

This morning I woke up dancing


and I'm as good as I look.

06:00 and the sun's already out, the birds are singing, and I realized how easy it is to curse at how much daylight there is here at this time of the year. I only had 6 hours of sleep last night after tossing and turning for an hour or two. There's this bird out my window that keeps singing and singing and it doesn't want to stop and I wish I had a gun. But then again, it's a beautiful thing.

Dawn means dawn. Sunrise means the day has begun. Clock time doesn't matter. The birds could get up already starting their day, I could too!

So as summer creeps in to stay, I feel a trickle of sweat run down my neck just thinking about how wonderfully 34°C it always is back home. I still remember staring at the ceiling each night watching and listening to the ceiling fan constantly revolve and thinking, 'Dear ceiling fan, I know you have to work all night and day but please don't lose your blades and slice me in my sleep tonight.' No ceiling fan to watch and listen to here. It suffices just to tip the small window letting the cool air in through that opening just a couple of inches wide. Good-enough ventilation not to suffocate and di... yeah. Amazing.

Not so much is planned for today, just my usual hours of German listening - like to the news on whatever station my MP3 can receive, making breakfast, and lotsandlotsa painting.

Happy days.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds quite heavenly really...the birds chirping (even when they begin to get on one's nerves)...it's still a lovely sound:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s often beautiful song and most of us take it for granted. There are hardly songbirds in Singapore, so I´ll be grateful for them here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete