23 January 2010

What to do when you're falling in love



Some of the mental notes that once or a hundred times ever crossed my mind.
Throbbing, banging, aching, and violent:

Ok, so I am attracted to; infatuated by; having a crush on ____________

Let me step back and slow down.

Let me calm my feelings down to think.

What do I find attractive about ____________?

What do I find unattractive about ___________?

I have to get some more information.

I have to know him a little more.

Do our personalities fit together?

Do we have similar values?

Do we have similar commitments?

Do we have common hobbies or interests?

Can I be myself?

Can he be himself?

Does he accept me for who I am?

Do I accept him for who he is?

Can I accept him for 10 years, 20 years, and for the rest of my life?

How does he relate to parents, siblings and friends?

Can I communicate with him with trust and honesty?

Can I love when the infatuation fades and finally boredom kicks in?

Can I love when the infatuation fades and finally boredom kicks in?


No comments:

Post a Comment