06 December 2008

Hectic Weekend

The weather's been warm. At times it is too hot to bear, and at times the storm catches up and what a wonderful thing it is. After leaving you in the dark for awhile I come back to the days I very much have been looking forward to - enough rest, no rush hour train rides, taking off my makeup, and appreciating Being.

The past week has been stressful and full of impulsive decisions. I am also recovering from an eye infection I've had for over a month now, but I am just as fine as I've always been. My top eyelid is swollen and how I wish I could make an incision to let all the icky stuff out myself - an invitation to even more possible infection, but don't worry, I know I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy.

What I need right now is -8oC (17oF).
The heat right now... God help us.
I've been 'flipping my hair' and saying 'oh, it's whatever' and playing it 'cool', but damn the agony. I know I'm used to this, and I know I will miss it when it's gone, but I'm never going to stop complaining about it.

The picnic I held last Friday with my cousins was so much fun. Ziza came along and I trusted the kids with my digital camera. The pictures turned out great (I've put up some of them below). We had sandwiches, pasta and chips dipped in salsa. And we played a card game at which I lost, and ran about in the field around us when we were playing frisbee. We spent the entire morning at the Botanic Gardens and by the time it was noon we went to my place for more food, and then I drove my cousins safely home... after causing them hell in the car thanks to the fact that the last time I drove was like 6 months ago.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. It's late and I have another long day tomorrow holding my own garage sale at a mini bazaar before it's back again to recuperating.






No comments:

Post a Comment