18 September 2008

Take a peek

...into what I'm listening to this week.

The Knife is an Electropop duo (siblings) band from Sweden formed in 1999.
They are one of the bands listened to by Björk (a good source of my inspiration - she is amazing in every sense of that word), and 'Heartbeats' was a song released by The Knife in 2002, and re-released in 2004. This is the song for my weekend.

The words are tricky yet the beats can't seem to leave me alone even after listening to it many times over. The video seems rather weird, but what better way to interpret this song than to leave it all to your imagination.



Heartbeats
The Knife

One night to be confused
One night to speed up truth
We had a promise made
Four hands and then away
Both under influence
We had divine sense
To know what to say
Mind is a razorblade

To call for hands of above, to lean on
Wouldn't be good enough for me, no

One night of magic rush
The start: a simple touch
One night to push and scream
And then relief
Ten days of perfect tunes
The colours red and blue
We had a promise made
We were in love

To call for hands of above, to lean on
Wouldn't be good enough for me, no

To call for hands of above, to lean on
Wouldn't be good enough for me, oh

And you
You knew the hand of a devil
And you
Kept us awake with wolves teeth
Sharing different heartbeats in one night

To call for hands of above, to lean on
Wouldn't be good enough for me, no

To call for hands of above, to lean on
Wouldn't be good enough for me, oh

3 comments:

  1. Didn't like the video. But the song itself is not bad. The beat is kinda like 80s dance music, and I can tell why Bjork likes it.

    Personally I prefer Massive Attack, but this is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the sense-less vid LOL!
    and the tune is so catchy~~

    ~_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! I thought the video was interesting but only the first few seconds of it and the rest of it just repeats and repeats.

    Anyways, I'll be posting up more songs above my other updates. :)

    (Aysh, congrats on your A7x tickets, haha. Must post pictures okay? I'll be stalking.)

    ReplyDelete