11 September 2008

Feet on the ground, eyes on the sky

I woke up this morning with a pretty bad pain in my throat. Yesterday I kept sneezing at work every 30 minutes or so, and today as well. I have no idea how many tissues I used up. During my break I went outside to get some air, sitting on a marble bench by the road taking in the warmth. I stopped sneezing for awhile. I came down with a cold and a really annoying sense of a certain-something stuck at where my throat and windpipe meets.
Wish I could do something to get it out since no cough or sneeze will.

I don't like my clogs. That was impromptu, but I really don't like them. I can't walk in nicer shoes because they cause me blisters and callouses. So I've been using these that I walked in when I went to Germany over a year ago. Some kind of metal thingy that looks like a steel ruler fell out of the right one a few days ago, and the insoles are peeling off, and I'm surprised these shoes won't fall apart.
I like clogs, they are comfort shoes and very nice to walk in, they are cute like Klompen, but this is my umpteenth pair and it keeps falling apart.

Clogs (close to what mine look like)

I'm not going to buy shoes if I have to keep buying them again after a year.

I feel like spending time with kids.
Who will lend their kids to me for a day over the weekend?
Or better yet donate their kids to me?

My 9-year-old sister gives me good advice sometimes, when I'm confused with life. Today we had picnic indoors. She showed me her sticker album that she made herself. She even had a story for each sticker she had in it, it was interesting just thinking like a kid again. I tried to remember what I was like when I was her age, I liked making things too. She laughed at every silly thing I said or did, yet half the time it wasn't funny. But it still made me feel better to just laugh along, being loony.

Children are good distractions. They just live in the present and not worry about anything. "What makes you happy?" I asked her. "When I look at the sky and imagine smiling faces looking back at me," she said.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. It's always nicer being a kid. Kids don't have a worry in the world, unlike us. We're old no matter how young we feel.

    ReplyDelete