03 May 2008

Enough

"You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
You grieve you learn
You choke you learn
You laugh you learn
You choose you learn
You pray you learn
You ask you learn
You live you learn"
- Alanis Morissette

This afternoon I watched a movie titled 'Enough'. It's a story basically about an abusive relationship between husband (abuser) and wife, and how she fights back in the end. I won't give away any spoilers, you can watch it here if you like, I recommend it. I'm not that sure how I should rate movies, but I think I will give this one a 5/10. It's the underlying message that was eye-opening, but I'm sure there were many other better movies made about abusive relationships. If you have any recommendations, let me know. It's an interesting topic for me lately.

Speaking of which... I feel like learning how to defend myself is becoming something quite inviting. I've considered it before, but never really, really considered it. Anytime I bet it beats sitting in a corner brooding or giving in to crying spells.

Sometimes I wish that I'd had more experience being in relationships. I envy women who are smart and know how to take care of themselves, and won't take shit from anybody whether they are family, friends, colleagues, strangers, lovers. There's no reason why I can't keep learning from mistakes and experience as I go along. Although I know there's too much to learn in so little time. But learning is fun sometimes.

"True love is when a person appreciates you when you don't even know what you've done."

1 comment:

  1. I'd watch Enough, but I hate J-Lo.

    I don't know if you have only little experience in relationships, it's still more than mine. And I think you still have plenty of time to learn.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete