16 December 2007

Zeitgeist, Religion, Ouija

I haven't been in the mood to update my blog. Lately I've been feeling pretty messed up. No I don't want to write about it.

I watched the movie Zeitgeist. I think I might've heard someone tell me about it before but I just can't remember who or when. It goes for about 1hr 56mins. It's not meant for entertainment, there's some pretty strong stuff in there. I don't know what to say about it. It may be disturbing for some people since it touches on religion, politics, economies, current affairs and what the world is slowly coming to. It attempts to distinguish truth from myth but you can't be too sure about anything these days. If you want to watch it, go to zeitgeistmovie.com. I recommend it but personally I don't know how credible it is.


I accidentally stumbled upon it a couple of days ago when I was randomly searching YouTube for people's personal thoughts on religion. There were lots of interesting insights, I'd say. My sister Niz asked me, "Why are you watching these kind of stuff?" What I thought she actually meant was 'Why are you questioning your faith?' And I don't know. Do I have to have a reason? I don't suppose I'm not allowed to inquire. What I told her was that it was simply interesting.
I have faith, but I seek assurance, affirmation, and security. And some sort of conclusion would be most appreciated. Nothing of that sort so far.

One of the videos I watched:


Moving on, I was also curious about something called the Ouija board. People would pronounce it as 'wee-gee', I don't understand why. But it makes more sense to me as 'wee-ja' or 'wee-ya'. It comes from the French 'oui' meaning 'yes' and the German 'ja' also meaning 'yes'.
It's just a board with letters and numbers on it (and some other phrases on it like 'yes', 'no', 'goodbye') and it has a planchette that works like a pointer. The board supposedly lets people communicate with spirits. Hence some people know it as the spirit board. I haven't tried it and I don't plan to, mind you. There's a surprising number of videos about it on YouTube. Some people record their sessions with the board, some are quite believable (?) but most of them aren't that convincing. I'd say it's a disturbing tool and it's not something to fool around with. Having its connection with all things evil and hearing that bad things occur to those who use the ouija board, I'd say it's better to stay away from it unless you know what you're doing. If it really does work then I think 99% of the time you're only going to come across something bad.


So.. I think that's all for now. If you want you can visit me on DeviantArt and YouTube, links are on the right. I recently uploaded some 'deviations' and a video. Probably the crappiest one you'll ever see.
Enjoy the last few weeks of 2007. Be good.